Since debut until now, the privacy and safety of BTS members has always worried ARMYs. Because throughout the years, there have been many cases related to BTS having their privacy violated by sasaeng fans and even non-fans who want to take advantage of them.
Most recently, ARMYs were furious when they discovered that SUGA’s private photos and other information about his personal schedules were leaked by airport staff. This not only seriously affects the safety of SUGA, but also raises other concerns.
Fans are now asking the airline to review the practices of its employees and take responsibility for the matter:
Just in the first half of this year, there have been a series of issues regarding the privacy and safety of BTS members being violated by sasaeng fans and non-fans. Typically, the incident caused a stir in the media when RM’s personal information was tracked by an employee of KORAIL during 2 years. Next came the case that Jungkook was intentionally sent food to his house by sasaeng fans and had to warn on Weverse.
Recently, Jin was also discovered to be approached by a female army nurse and injected with anti-dengue fever medicine without the permission of her superiors. These things have made ARMYs so worried and heartbroken when the members’ lives are seriously affected.
But that’s not all the news ARMYs have to face. A few hours ago, fans quickly discovered many private pictures of SUGA in the airport in Indonesia leaked. Along with that, information about SUGA’s travel schedule and destination was also publicly disclosed and spread on social networks by some people claiming to be employees of the airline.
Before that, SUGA went to Incheon Airport to depart for Jakarta, Indonesia to prepare for the tour in this country within the framework of SUGA Agust D D-Day Tour on May 24. When SUGA left the airport to arrive Indonesia, ARMYs trended some phrases to make sure idols have their privacy and aren’t вσмвarded by fans upon arrival.
Although the majority of fans respect this, some airline employees have released private pictures of him there. Not only that, they also posted many posts and photos that revealed SUGA’s personal schedule information in Indonesia.
After discovering the incident, ARMYs and netizens couldn’t hide their anger and demanded statements from the companies involved, including the tour operator and airport:
– Dear @ime_indonesia. why all SUGA’s private pictures and schedules even places he visited/going to visit are leaked, his pictures and videos are being spread by people who claim as themselves as staff. Please tighten your security and It should be taken seriously!
– What is going on? Every time I enter on twitter there are always some bad news.. this is getting out of hands
– This is literally worse
– THEIR STAFFS (promotor) and airport staffs LEAKED YOONGI’S PRIVATE SCHEDULE. EVEN PHOTOS & VIDEOS OF HIM IN PRIVATE PLACES. The proofs are everywhere, even they also uploaded on youtube. Indonesian ARMY are well-behave, BUT OUTSIDERS ARE NOT. Since this thing will compromise-
– WE NEED YOUR HELP TO TREND ANY SINGLE TWEET OF INDONESIAN ARMY regarding this, worldwide. Because we predict that IME will never change, even say sorry, or giving respond about this if they’re not get a pressure by international ARMY. PLEASE HELP US & NOTICE US
– @bts_bigh̾i̾t ̾ @HYBEOFFICIALtwt @BTS_twt. Indonesia is a very nice country to stay, Indonesian ARMY, a GIANT FANDOM, are all well-behaved, nice, and loyal. We are always longing for bangtan come to our country. But please blacklist IME & let other promotor take the job
– if they revealed private info during the official immigration process they may have violated international human rights law and could be reported to the UN. That would up the shame factor a lot!
– bts privacy getting invaded everyday and people wonder why we are so protective of them when these so called professionals dont even respect their space and privacy.
– There is no respect from your workers @AngkasaPura_2 @CGK_AP2
Outside of concerts, SUGA’s schedule is private and no one can intrude or interfere with him. In the past, BTS has been very tight-lipped about their schedules and Suga is even more secretive than most. But some people still use his popularity to profit and attract attention.
The fact that SUGA’s schedule and whereabouts were shared by staff members, especially those who don’t work directly with the idol, sparked a storm of anger. Surely this airline will have to give an answer soon for what their employees did to SUGA!